Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Great American Lager

If the crafting gods are crazy, then the crafters must certainly be even crazier! After nearly getting my mother-in-law's car stuck in the muck to go snag this gift from the crafting gods, I continued on my way to take my son to meet a few toddler friends at a children's museum on the "East Side." He fell asleep on the way, so I pulled into a thrift store parking lot to let him finish napping and to try to catch a few winks myself. I can only imagine what it must have looked like to anyone who may have peeked in our window: An empty, torn-up package of Budweiser (24 cans!), mother asleep in the driver's seat; baby passed out in the back; a tiny slug crawling across the passenger side floor (a stowaway from the soggy beer box).

Fortunately no cops were on duty in the church parking lot, so I was not accused of drinking and driving, littering (the cans having been tossed out the window, of course), endangering the life of a child, etc.

It took me a few weeks, but I finally got around to completing the special-request Budweiser journal! It's nothing fancy, but then again, neither is Budweiser. I used the stab-bound method of binding the journal, with a rustic-looking piece of twine, and recycled paper.









The special request was part of an Etsy order I received for this Mountain Fresh Rainier Journal, which really is pretty fancy. I love doing custom orders, especially when it sends me on a scavenger hunt to find just the right piece of trash to turn into a unique treasure!

XO
LP

2 comments:

  1. I am LOL re. the process of treasuring this trash. It looks great now and I will soon be seeing it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post....and great looking book too!

    ReplyDelete